favorite this postManager - Operations / Business / Office / Route (Kansas City, MO)hide this posting
available afternoons available mornings available weekdays education completed: high school/GED
QR Code Link to This Post
Dynamic, results-driven associate offering a distinguished multi-level career with an excellent track record of success delivering critical leadership and results in personnel, operations, route, fleet, warehouse, and inventory management. Reliable self-starter known by peers and superiors for effectively managing both internal and external teams across multiple departments, functional levels, and locations.
• P&L Responsibility
• Report Development
• Process Improvement
• Training & Development
• Project Management
• B2B & B2C Sales
• Ops Efficiencies
• Best Practices
• Customer Support
P & L Development & Responsibility
• As a 2nd year division operations manager, I calculated a more realistic cost per machine for repair and maintenance parts using last year’s costs and machine count. My results came in 5% under target versus 12% over target the previous year.
• Analyzed service call response and brought response time more in line with the service call priority allowing lower level calls to be handled during normal route runs. Lowered OT by 3% and vehicle expenses by 4% for the year.
• Put a remedial training program in place for water lab sampling best practices. Reduced annual lab testing costs by 3% by reducing the number of positives which required re-sampling.
Training and Development
• Trained and managed a team of 3 trainers that trained 300+ Direct Store Delivery (DSD) route reps to transition from paper to hand-held-computers. The transition saved company and its customers $1M+ annually in invoice discrepancies and labor.
• Coached and mentored 30+ route reps, service technicians, and route supervisors, allowing them the opportunity to advance to local and regional management positions. This enabled internal promotions and increased employee morale.
• Remediated best practices training for division service and utility technicians and district managers. Reduced machine break downs from 2.6 to 1.5 times per year and improved customer satisfaction.
• Built internal field support department, hiring and training team of 6 level one field support reps. Five team members advanced within and outside the company.
Field Installation Management
• Managed lift-gate truck install team covering over 10 mid-west states. Scheduled all installs, removals and relocation of retail store equipment.
• Scheduled install activity around equipment availability, geography challenges and customer demand. Received high customer satisfaction rating while controlling install related operating costs.
• Managed install team with emphasis on completing all scheduled install work while not exceeding DOT hours. Team had no DOT hours violations in 5 years while traveling an average of 1,000 miles per week.
Brink’s Inc., Kansas City, MO 2018-2019
Route Logistics Manager
Manage drivers, messengers and guards and operations outside the facility, including up to 15 routes and more than 600 ATMs and CompuSafes. Drive the execution of the business and motivate team members to achieve the best results and continuous process improvement.
• Ensure route logistics efficiency through appropriate interaction with market employees and route analysis.
• Leverage systems, equipment and process redesign to drive continuous improvement in cost, quality and efficiency.
• Proactively reduce risk exposure and ensure implementation of measures to reduce workers compensation injury costs and security losses within the market.
• Establish and maintain accountability on the front line of the market, maintaining positive employee relations and work environment.
Primo Water Services, Inc., Kansas City, MO 2013-2018
Division Operations Manager
Responsible for managing service and profit center, 25 field service routes, and 8 route management and support team members installing and servicing over 1,600 water and ice vending machines covering 10+ states. This included division P&L responsibilities at all levels, including payroll, inventory, routes and service trucks for $600k in warehouse parts and $12M in annual revenue.
• Responsible for cash vault security and weekly cash collections, counting and deposits.
• Scheduled service, repair, installation, switch out, relocation, and removal of water and ice vending machines.
• Oversaw and participated in hiring and training at all levels, including district managers and direct reports.
Hostess Brands, Inc., Kansas City, MO 2000-2012
Senior Manager, eCommerce
Acted as business liaison between trading partners, sales, receivables, and IT for eCommerce requests and initiatives, serving as the primary contact for customer service issues. Partnered with functional groups to ensure project targets were achieved and modified project scopes as needed and with sponsor approval.
• Successfully scheduled and managed the implementation of over 50 EDI (Electronic Document Interchange) project with external trading partners.
• Oversaw the implementation of Scan Based Trading (SBT) in 1,100+ trading partner retail locations.
• Developed reports for project status and key performance indicators utilizing Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports and other programs.
• Developed initial Field Support group and processes for handling internal plant support calls. Helped develop and manage IT knowledge tree for use in problem resolutions.
• Managed 10 depots, 100 routes in East Texas and Northwest Louisiana with emphasis on sales and market increases and distribution control.
• Used computer software to restructure 300+ Distribute Goods Directly (DSD) routes.
Training & Skills
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills, Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access.
• SAP, Oracle Sales Analyzer, Crystal Reports Pro.
• Professional Written and Verbal Communication Skills
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers