compensation: $17.00 to $18.00 per hour (Or compensation commensurate with experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for a skilled, experienced Maintenance Technician for an apartment community in Belton, MO. This is a relatively new community, and this position will require 50% janitorial and grounds responsibilities. This position may also be a roaming position to assist sister communities in the area with make-readies and maintenance needs.
The Dalmark Group is a regional property management and real estate development company, working primarily in Kansas and Missouri. The Dalmark Group was formed to provide innovative and quality residential property services for both conventional and affordable housing communities. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Belton, MO
COMPENSATION: $17.00 to $18.00 per hour (Or compensation commensurate with experience)
Responsible for maintaining physical aspects of the community, and providing exceptional customer service to current and prospective residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide janitorial and grounds duties to ensure a clean community and outstanding curb appeal
• Repair of building components and some appliances
• Preparation of recently vacated units for occupancy
• Work closely with the community manager to ensure a resident focused environment and complete projects in a timely manner
• Provide on-call support for emergency maintenance requests
• Maintain shop, inventory, and storage in a clean, orderly, and secure manner
• Should have a basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, interior, and exterior repairs
• Must be able to take and respond to after-hours emergency calls
• Must have a good history of dependability and job performance
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
• HVAC certification prefer, but not necessary
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees and vendors
• Excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills, and follow up effectively with all staffing levels
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
• Ability to work in team oriented environment
• Ability to work independently and to take initiative in a time sensitive environment
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapts quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• 1 year of apartment maintenance experience required
To be hired, Candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation and drug test. The Dalmark Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities