compensation: Starting compensation $50,000 and up depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Overall Responsibilities: Accountable for successful completion (time/cost/quality) of project objectives as required by
the business while complying with company processes and policies
Reports To: Vice President of RCS Millwork, LC
Hours: Full time salaried position
Project Team Includes: Client, Estimator, Engineer, Production, Accounting, Purchasing
Educational Requirements: Prefer B.S. in Technology with an emphasis in Wood Technology or equivalent work experience
Advanced Knowledge and/or Experience: AutoCAD, Excel, Word, MicroVellum
• A confident personality with the ability to inspire and motivate others
• An excellent networker with the ability to make links between issues and organizations and build relationships
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to see the “Big Picture”
• Knows and demonstrates the core values of the company
• Ability to cope with and respond positively to issues and problems
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity
• Understanding of construction schedules and lead times.
• Leadership – Ensure regular and effective communication within the Project Team by leading
the planning, execution, and closing of projects. Provide intellectual and professional leadership
by staying abreast of new technology, latest thinking, emerging markets, and responding to
changing context and needs. Ability to influence team members who do not report to this position
and develop alternate approaches if a technique is not working. Demonstrated ability to
manage complex projects.
• Time-Management – Manage the day to day operations involved with each ongoing project to
make sure the project stays on target, anticipating any issues that may arise. Demonstrate
planning skills including project costing, tracking, scheduling, risk analysis, and issues resolution. Manage client expectation, track project activities against plans, and develop and manage project status documentation and communications
• Organization Management – Highly organized approach, including the ability to prioritize
multiple tasks and delegate effectively. Develop project plans and ensure that project deadlines
and deliverables are met according to time and budget constraints.
• Communication – Ability to write and edit clearly and make effective presentations. Able to
assess and provide clear and specific feedback to others, as it relates to a project and the
organization, including what works well and what can be improved upon. Develop and maintain
all communication channels for projects from client to team to president.
• Interpersonal Relationships – Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a collaborative
and diplomatic way with a wide range of people. Engage with colleagues to maintain good
working relations, ensure there is a broad understanding of each others activities and priorities,
explore opportunities for collaboration and more efficient working.
• Budgeting and Monitoring – Ongoing oversight and financial management of each project
(budget, invoicing, billing) with regular review with accounting and the client so potential problems
can be dealt with in a timely manner.
• Strategic Development – Be able to identify and develop future opportunities that fit the goals of
the organization as a means to expanding the current base of customers. Continue to manage
ongoing relationships. Oversee the development and implementation of a marketing strategy
locally to enhance the awareness of the organization
• Continuous Improvement – Joining and actively participating in professional organizations as
well as continuing educational opportunities. Sharing what you gain with the team for continual
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers