Part Time: Part Time (As Needed). Applicant must have at least 2 days available per week (Mon – Sat) to work for our company. See job description for details.
Salary: Commission. Commissions average over $20/hr with a potential $25/hr - $30/hr or more!
Purpose: The purpose of an Air Duct Cleaning Technician is to thoroughly clean the air ducts and/or dryer vents of customers.
• Store equipment, tools, & supplies in a safe location
• Safely transport equipment, tools, & supplies to/from customer’s location using personal vehicle (vehicle must be safe & dependable – (preferably SUV, Van, Pickup truck w/ cap).
• Work with Scheduling Manager to communicate open days & times available to accept air duct / dryer vent cleaning jobs (number of days & timeframes must be acceptable to Scheduling Manager)
• Timely respond to communications via email, text, phone
• Clean air ducts and dryer vents of customers
• Access vents & ducts with use of a ladder, if necessary. Also, may need to enter the attic and/or crawl space to inspect ductwork and access the HVAC filter.
• Load/unload equipment, tools, & supplies in/out personal vehicle
• Collect payment from customer. Make deposits and/or send payments to Headquarters.
• Timely submit reports, invoice copies, etc. to Headquarters using email (scanned images), fax, and/or US Mail.
The Air Duct Cleaning Technician performs cleaning of the air ducts and/or dryer vents of customers. This includes but is not limited to: safely storing equipment, tools, & supplies; transporting equipment, tools, & supplies to & from the customers location using the Air Duct Cleaning Technician’s own vehicle; using knowledge & proper judgment to effectively identify and access all vent & duct locations and entry & exits points; safely use a ladder to reach some vents & ductwork; potentially go into attics and/or crawl spaces to inspect ductwork and access the HVAC blower unit’s filter; operate duct cleaning equipment to efficiently clean vents & ductwork; follow all operational, safety, and clean-up procedures; perform payment collection process; effectively communicate to the customer using a friendly, professional attitude.
The Air Duct Cleaning Technician is a Part-Time, “As-needed” position – meaning the technician will be passed jobs on an “as needed” basis based on the technician’s schedule and work availability. Our company will provide the equipment, tools, supplies, & training necessary to clean air ducts and dryer vents. Our company is somewhat flexible, and will work with the Air Duct Cleaning Technician to set a schedule of work days available during the week. The Cleaning Technician must have at least 2 days available during the week to perform air duct cleaning and/or dryer vent cleaning jobs. These days must have at least 6 hours available to complete such work (although typical jobs will take between 2-4 hours to complete).
The employee’s pay will be based on commission. The Air Duct Cleaning Technician will receive a percentage commission on each job satisfactorily completed. This commission will average over $20/hr with some jobs averaging over $25-$30 or more per hour. Plus, the Air Duct Cleaning Technician will receive a mileage reimbursement for using their own vehicle to travel to the customer’s location. This is a great part-time job with great pay potential!
• A High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to do essential duties
• Ability to work with hand tools
• Ability to use a ladder to reach vents, ducts, and attics
• Ability to understand, speak, and follow English instructions.
• Have a safe location to store equipment, tools, & supplies when not in use.
• Ability to lift, dolly, and/or ramp up a weight of 80 lbs.
• Ability to move large equipment on wheels up and down ramps and stairs
• Ability to do physical work to clean air ducts and dryer vents.
• Have a working smartphone capable of making/receiving calls, texts, email, and working a Calendar app.
• Technologically savvy enough to be able to scan documents and email or fax documents to headquarters.
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Personal Auto Insurance
• Reliable vehicle that can safely transport equipment, tools, & supplies. Vehicle must be able to safely fit all necessary equipment, tools, & supplies (ideally a SUV, Van, Truck, Enclosed Trailer).
• Personality Traits & Skills: Organizational skills, time management skills, outgoing, good communication skills, ability to think “out of the box”, hard working, basic math skills
Bonus Attributes (Attributes that are not required, but would make a candidate more qualified):
• Handy or Technically Gifted
• Heating & Cooling (HVAC) Experience or Knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Simply respond to this posting with your: Name, Telephone #, and Email Address. We will email you back a link to our Job Application. If interested, you must complete the job application. This is a high paying PART-TIME job. Only serious applicants that are dependable, hard-working, and have a vehicle able to carry small equipment should apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers