compensation: Comepetitve wage, Benefit Package - Health Care, Dental, Retirement Savings employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
After serving the community for over 20 years, we are pleased to announce that the Lakeview Village Child Development Center is expanding to better meet the needs of the Lakeview Village and Lenexa communities. At this time, we are looking to add one full-time Assistant Teacher/Float Teacher. We have exceptional employees who have created a cohesive team-oriented work family. If working with children is your passion and you are looking for a long-term place to call "home" for your career, please consider applying.
Lakeview Child Development Center is an inter-generational program that provides a nurturing, fun, and positive environment designed to promote the development of the whole child, as well as interactions that promote meaningful relationships among the children and Lakeview Village Retirement Community residents.
We expect our Teachers to be kind, loving, fun, professional and creative.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with children individually and as a group to encourage their involvement in activities.
- Appropriately supervise children in the classroom, restrooms, on the playground, and during inter-generational activities.
- Understand and adhere to all health and safety requirements of Lakeview Village and the Child Development Center.
- Assist in cleaning classrooms and the kitchen areas to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation.
- Establish good relationships with the children, co-workers, and the parents of the children.
- Observe, report, and record significant individual behaviors and/or developmental concerns to the Director.
- In accordance with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, this position requires the applicant to be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Early childhood teaching experience in a licensed classroom is required.
- Current CPR and First Aid
We offer a generous benefits package that begins the first of the month following 60 days of full-time service.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.
Lakeview Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schedule varies Monday-Friday during center hours 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.